Header

jasmines facebook jasmines youtube jasmines blog jasmines twitter image map

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Labor Day Camping Trip!





Last weekend was so much fun! It was Labor Day weekend. (a 3 day weekend here in the USA) So I went on a big camping trip up north with my family!






The weather was beautiful!




We went on a long hike around the lake. Jaz was good for most of it. But toward the end, she was getting tired. So I had to invent a creative way to carry her! This is my new doggy backpack. She loved it. :)




I'd say she walked about 4 miles before she got tired. She's a pretty athletic dog. But we took a "short cut", which ended up being a "long cut", lol... and so by the end she needed to rest!



We did all the usual stuff- slept in tents, played games, and of course toasted marshmallows over the fire. (S'mores are a MUST for me on any camping trip!)

(This is doggy camouflage! Blend in with your surroundings!)


It was so much fun being out in nature, and just spending time together as a family.







Of course, Jaz came along! I could not believe how many other campers had brought their dogs! (Probably about 80% of the campgrounds had a dog!) :) I guess
most of us that like the outdoors also like dogs!
























This is the lake we hiked around. (Well, Jaz hiked most of the way around it!) lol










And this is my "pup tent"! :D haha...


Jaz likes to find the most comfy spots to nap. This usually means stealing my pillow. But in this case, she found a good spot on the air mattress.

5 comments:

  1. Hurray for camping trips! Great puppack ;D Took me a while to find Jaz in the tent. She did find a great nook to snuggle down in :D Glad y'all had a great getaway :)

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaz....you blend right into that tent. At fur..st I thought you were a pillow with eyes!

    BOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had fun! Nice backpack, love the photo of you resting your chin on your mom's shoulder!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a beautiful place. You're so lucky to go on trips like that.

    ReplyDelete