Header

jasmines facebook jasmines youtube jasmines blog jasmines twitter image map

Friday, December 28, 2012

Cub Scout Meeting

 December is super busy month for me.  So I'm a little behind on my blogging!   These are pics from earlier this month (Dec 6th).  Jaz and I went to a cub scout meeting.  We talked about being a therapy dog team, dog training with positive reinforcement, being a responsible pet owner, and how to approach a dog you don't know.  Then we did a trick show.  There was a LOT of energy in that room!!  (about 40 people- most of which were kids!)  They absolutely LOOOOOOOVED Jasmine's tricks!
Every trick show, there are always plenty of volunteers to be my "helpers".
I showed the tricks we do in the hospital, like "Be Shy" and "Dance"
 My little brother came along with his dog to show the tricks he had learned.
 A group pic at the end w/ all the kids.  The parents were so amazed that Jaz would hold that pose.  I joked that it was easy to get my dog to look at the camera.   (I just need a good treat!)  I just don't know how to get 30 kids to all look at the camera at the same time!
At the very end, this was a new trick we attemped.  I took requests which tricks the kids wanted to see again.  One boy suggested we make a big tunnel and have Jasmine run through it.  Although I had never attempted this before, I thought we would give it a shot.  (After all, she's run through an agility tunnel before.)  However, this tunnel wasn't entirely successful, but it was a lot of fun.  

Overall, we had a great time, and so did the kids.  :)

1 comment:

  1. It sure does sound like it was lots of fun. You and Jasmine are such great doggie ambassadors!

    ReplyDelete